Things I learned in Quincy, IL
In case you find yourself being forced against your will to travel to Quincy, IL (similar to how I am this MONTH), here are some hints you may find helpful:
- Don't forget your coat, the week it gets cold. "The mall is lame here" in the words of the 16 year old I asked where there was a Gap.
- Annie, the 96 year old busboy (or girl) they have working the lunch hour at Panera enjoys her job, so don't feel bad about letting her take your plate. Personally, I think she's a media whore - yeah Annie, I saw your article in the Quincy Tiimes.
- The alarm clock in the hotel is spotty at best. 2 days it has failed me.
- There is no such thing as 'Free Continental Breakfast' at the Holiday Inn, but you can enjoy a bowl of Fruit Loops at 'Tony's Too' for $7.50.
- Beth Elmer's World Famous Pumpkin Bread is significantly harder to eat when you don't have a knife....or butter
I wonder what the maid thinks of me based on the state I leave my room in every morning...