Marathon Month of Visitors

A month of visitors got me like:



Before I left Oklahoma, I made everyone promise to come visit us in Hawaii....and they all kept their promise, at once.

And-izzle kicked off the visitor train





Jason had been in Hawaii for less than an hour when we made him hike to this waterfall.  


Manly men, especially the one in the turquoise chevron backpack.


More hiking



It's important to dress your visitors up like locals



He loves when drunk me insists on middle-of-the-street photo shoots 




These two in Aloha shirts gives me  heart-eyed emoji feels



My week with the kids



Kauai Killaz




She's singing My Heart Will Go On at the top of her lungs.  



Adventures with this one!



Adventures with/in towel poncho



My work wife + my children friends + my twin 



This will come back to bite us in the ass.



Blissfully unaware that I'm about to make her walk on lava



Sleeping on the beach for over 2 hours on beach towels purchased from the grocery store  is not just for homeless people.  (2 4-hour round trips to the volcano in 2 days is exhausting) 



4 mile (one way) bike ride; 2 hours (one way, with a panicked meltdown halfway in) walking on sharp, uneven lava rock with 1 flashlight and 2 phones on 18% battery to step on popping lava is close to our friendship limit.  Luckily she also secretly loves the adventures I drag her into.  #trampolineclass #fatkidclub #lobbyoffice #lavawalk #bikerental 




Nothing brightens your day like finding this one drunkenly rolling around in the sand after getting day drunk alone.



This median is my photoshoot centerpiece.



I love luaus, I pretend it's for her, but it's for me.  Give me all the Mac salad! 




Olympic Butt Snorkling team.  #muddybuddies  



If there is a tourist trap group picture for sale, we will buy it!  



Last time we were on this island together, she was knocked up.  We had a lot of drinking to catch up on.



These faces make me so happy.






Trying to convince everyone to move here by showing them all Hawaii's best!


 My eyes are tired, my liver is shot, but my heart is full!  I had the best month and saying good-bye was the hardest.  I'm so lucky to have my twin here with me though!

Back to our routine!






Comments

Popular Posts