Mother's Day

My mom is the perfect mother for me. Her unique parenting and style gave me my personality, my value set and my sense of humor. Looking back over my, at times unconventional, upbringing, I see that she truly knew the important things in life, she always picked her battles wisely and knew when to let me learn my own lessons through trial and error. There is no heart more pure than hers, I want to be just like her when I grow up.

Also, wishing a Happy Mother's day to another mother, the mother who helped to make my mom a mom, the mother who made the absolute best choice for her daughter, and in so doing, gave her daughter the life she knew she was unable to provide. I pray you are happy on this made-up, American holiday recognizing mothers and peaceful in the knowledge that you made the best decision as a mother, and the right decision for your daughter.

Someday I hope to be as good of a mother as the mothers in my life, providing my children with patience and love and putting aside all selfishness when making the hard choices for my children when I know they are the right choices.

Comments

Popular Posts