HIMYM

When working from the hotel - I like TV background noise, Lifetime is my go-to, because the reruns go til like midnight or 1. The other night this was on a rerun of How I Met Your Mother. I loved it, it made me realize, maybe I'm a romantic mush-ball just like Ted Mosby:

Ted: Okay, I'm going to say something out loud that I've been doing a pretty good job of not saying out loud lately. What you and Tony have, what I thought for a second you and I had, what I know that Marshall and Lily have, I want that. I do. I keep waiting for it to happen. I'm waiting for it to happen and I guess I'm just tired of waiting. And that is all I'm going to say on that subject.

Stella: You know how I talked my way out of a speeding ticket?


Ted: Really?


Stella: I was heading upstate with my parents, I was doing 90 on the country roads. I got pulled over. So this cop, gets out of his car, swaggers over and he says, 'Lady, I've been waiting for you all day.' And I said, 'Sorry Officer, I got here as fast as I could.


Ted: For real?


Stella: No, it's just a joke. [pause] I know that you're tired of waiting. And you may have to wait a little while more but, she's on her way, Ted. And she's getting here as fast as she can


Also, Robin is my LEAST favorite, with Marshall and Lily a close second.

Comments

Popular Posts